Radiant Church is a fast growing multisite church located in Tampa, FL. Our mission is to move people from where they are to where God wants them to be. As we continue to grow, we are in need of a Technical Director.
Purpose of the Job:
The Technical Director has the daily responsibility for the technical operations of Radiant Church including lighting, sound, video, set design, and coordinating necessary staff and maintenance of AVL equipment.
Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Associate Degree or equivalent in the field of (one or more) Electronics, Communications, Audio Production, Media, Recording or Music.
- Familiarity with computer software like ProPresenter is preferred, but not required
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- Relational and team-building skills required
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve quickly
- Minimum of 10 years experience in professional sound reinforcement, broadcast, production or recording.
- Not required, but a bonus if possessing a musical background, with an added benefit of having experience in multi-track audio recording or professional audio systems installation.
- The ability to operate a medium/large-sized sound reinforcement system with sensitivity to both musical and ministry excellence.
- The ability to function at a high level of effectiveness and calm in stressful situations.
- The ability to manage large projects at the direction of the Production Director.
- Strong leadership and team-building skills.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Operates, maintains and safeguards the technical assets of the church, including supervising the use of lighting, sound, video and lighting systems, and communications equipment.
- Advises production managers, lighting, video and sound designers, on the technical specifications, costs and usage of technical equipment required for the ministries, and supervises the implementation of approved technical designs.
- Supervises and assists with set and stage construction and management.
- Assists in recruiting, training and assignment of volunteer or paid technical staff.
- Assist in recording for special events and video shoots.
- Assists with the preparation and control of production budgets; maintains inventory and orders specialized supplies.
- Attends technical rehearsals, in order to supervise and assist in the technical aspects of the services.
- Makes recommendations to the church leadership regarding capital purchases of technical equipment.
- Designs, sets up, maintains, and operates lighting, video and sound systems for theatre, dance, music, and other productions and projects; assists guest designers and arts with technical matters.
- Conducts one on one’s with Technical staff every week.
- Seek God
- Pursue Excellence
- Create Life
- Empower People
- Share the vision of Radiant Church to fulfill the Great Commission with integrity and passion
- Maintain a consistent relationship with God. Daily praying, reading of scripture, tithing to Radiant Church
- Uphold staff and Experience values
- Be at all Staff meetings and Creative meetings as scheduled.
- Be able to clearly communicate management decisions to all necessary staff and volunteers.
- Be available for training / worship arts conferences when scheduled.
- Continually cast’s vision to the production and creative staff.
- Should be available to serve in other ministries.
- This position reports directly to the Production Director
- This position is part of the Radiant Church Production Department.
- Assist with lighting or production equipment setup and operation for Radiant services and events at any campus as needed
- Assist other Radiant departments with lighting and/or lighting equipment support
- Assist with production equipment setup and operation for all Radiant services
- Operate production booth equipment or camera positions as needed during regular weekly services, retreats, conferences, and special events
- Assist other Radiant departments with production and/or production equipment support
- Participate in church wide events
Other duties as assigned
Job Type: Full-time
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance