HR Benefits & Payroll Director
I. Purpose of the Job
The HR Benefits and Payroll Director serves Radiant Church by playing an instrumental role in our Business Operations Department. A Benefits and Payroll Director is responsible for helping employees enroll in company benefit programs as well as overseeing payroll functions. This position provides excellent customer service and designs quality benefits plans. The administrator continually meets with employees, investigates new payroll and benefits programs, improves existing programs, and supervises and monitors benefits administration and enrollment.
II. Experience & Knowledge Required
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems and records to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Conducts independent review, analysis, and entry of payroll-related information ensuring accuracy and compliance with wage and hour laws, collective bargaining agreements, and other guidelines.
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators.
- Administers and oversees all employee benefit programs
- Provides technical leadership and expertise on all benefit-related issues.
- Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain group benefits database and update employee payroll records.
- Administers and oversees benefit changes and calculations for employees. Ensures that the payroll system is updated accordingly.
- Monitor administrative costs of benefits programs and recommend cost containment strategies, including alternative methods for administration and funding.
- Design and distribute materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions. Provide training and support to group benefits associates
- Ensures that all federal, state and local taxing liabilities and reporting are in compliance (ADP is a resource for this).
- Performs year-end balancing; produces and distributes W-2s ensuring their financial integrity with ADP.
- Prepares and generates reports and documentation such as weekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports, including reports for the State and Federal agencies, auditors, consultants, departmental records, and payroll processing forms.
- Ensures the administrative processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions, and terminations is accurate and timely, following Radiant policies and procedures.
- Communicates information and answers questions and concerns from employees regarding coverage and/or benefits plans. Provides appropriate forms and paperwork upon request. Processes enrollments, changes, and claims. Investigates inquiries from employees regarding benefits-related matters and solves problems.
- Assists with coordination and administration of activities and events related to employee benefits such as annual open enrollment, including the preparation of rate sheets and other correspondence.
- Maintains accurate records, creates and maintains complex reports and statistics concerning benefits activities.
- Prepare budgetary recommendations and assist in the monitoring, verifying and reconciling of budgeted funds.
- Conducts audits for all benefits to ensure that employees are paying the correct amount and verifies individuals and families are in the appropriate plans.
- Responsible for balancing, processing, and uploading monthly 403b reports accurately
- Organizes, manages, and coordinates the preparation and flow of information as directed by the HR Director.
- Provides customer service by answering questions in person or by telephone, or in writing; provides information relative to departmental procedures and refers individuals to appropriate sources as required.
- Attends classes and other offered training to maintain current knowledge of required equipment and procedures.
- Coordinates all reports to Executive Pastor of Business Operations and HR Director as needed.
- Performs other duties related to the primary scope of the position as required
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Requires data entry, processing, and distribution of semi-monthly payroll for approximately ~100 employees.
- Submits semi-monthly payroll to ADP for processing.
- Reviewing monthly payroll deductions
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
- Effective planning and priority setting. Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Resolving employee issues with benefits administrators and insurance providers
- Consulting with employees about eligibility and other pertinent issues
- Providing new hires with explanations of benefits and instructing them on enrollment and fulfillment procedures
- Assisting the employees in enrolling in dental, vision, and medical insurance plans
- Providing ongoing support for the HR and benefits teams
- Ensuring that the firm’s benefits policy is compliant with the set laws and regulations
- This job will be a salaried 40-hour work week Monday – Friday.
1. Jesus is our answer – At Radiant Church we “pray first” knowing that a relationship with Jesus is the answer to whatever we are going through.
2. The Bible is our foundation – At Radiant Church, we build our lives on God’s word instead of the culture’s opinion. We do not bend the scriptures to match culture, we bend our lives to march the scriptures.
3. Worship is our lifestyle – At Radiant Church, we get to glorify God through our giving, our singing, our serving, our spirit of excellence, and our life-giving attitudes.
4. Community is our commitment – At Radiant Church, we do not do life alone. True life change happens in the context of relationships with other believers.
5. People are our pursuit– At Radiant Church, we will do anything short of sin to reach people who are far from God. People are not our problem; people are our pursuit.
- Seek God
- Empower people
- Are teachable
- Take ownership
- Life a life worth following