I. Purpose of the Job
The Bookkeeper serves Radiant Church by playing an instrumental role in our Finance Department. They are directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the “books” of Radiant Church.
II. Experience and Knowledge
- 2 years of experience in accounting and bookkeeping functions
- Recent Experience in Quickbooks Online
- Experience in problem-solving
- Ability to handle multiple projects effectively
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Word and Excel/ Docs and Sheets
- Experience in operating an accounting 10-key calculator
- Demonstrates efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Proven track record of problem-solving
- Ability to act as a role model for church staff
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Reconcile bank account statements
- Process billing for Accounts Payable
- Reconcile church credit card statements
- Review invoices, check requests, purchase requests, and other accounting paperwork for accuracy
- Process and record contributions of various types
- Assist fellow employees in the implementation of financial accounting policies and procedures
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends
- Communicates changes in personnel policies and procedures to ensure proper compliance is followed.
- Consults with an accountant as appropriate on personnel matters.
- Works directly with department directors to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on financial matters.
- Prepares and conducts training for managers on reporting matters.
- This job will be a salaried 40-hour workweek Monday – Friday.
- We Pray First
- We Pursue Excellence
- We Celebrate Diversity
- We Stay Flexible
- We Make It Fun
- Seek God
- Empower people
- Are teachable
- Take ownership
- Life a life worth following