“Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.”
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.”
During the dedication service, parents promise before God, their family, and the church to raise their child in a God-honoring way. Because parents are the key role models for their children, we ask that they commit to the following before registering for baby dedication:
- Parents have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Parents are regular attenders of Radiant’ weekend services and are following Christ in their own life.
- Parents have attended our Next Steps class and agree with our church’s beliefs and values, which can be found in our Statement of Faith.
- Parents commit to modeling personal purity and to lead by example in matters of faith and conduct. That means living a life of sexual purity according to God’s standards.
- Parents have watched Radiant’s Baby Dedication video and make a list of who you want your child to become.
Do I need to be a member to dedicate my baby?
Can a single parent participate in a baby dedication service?
We just adopted our child. Can we dedicate our child?
Is dedication the same as baptism?
Dedication is not a sacrament; nor does it impart grace or salvation to a child. Salvation comes only through faith in Jesus Christ as each person recognizes their sinfulness and receives forgiveness and eternal life through him and his work on the cross
Rather than baptizing infants, we encourage a dedication ceremony, where parents formally call upon God’s blessing for their child and publicly commit to raise him or her in accordance with Scripture.
What should I expect for Baby Dedication?
Baby Dedication occurs after worship during our Sunday morning service. We value the personalized attention for each dedication, so your family will have a special time to go on stage with your location pastor. During the dedication, your pastor will introduce your child to their Church Family and parents will publicly commit to help their child grow in their faith and to raise them in a home centered on Jesus. The pastor and church family will then pray over your family, and present a Bible, certificate, book and special letter to each the child.